REPLY

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Poetic Jorgensen


My eldest daughter came home from school the other day and wanted to read something to me that required me to listen carefully and use my brain to picture what she was describing. After hearing her recite, "I have been waiting for your gentle keys" from her poem... I immediately knew what she was referring to.

GRAND

The way you sing is so melodious,
yet sometimes so heart breaking.
You call to me in my soft-spoken dreams, 
humming that haunting reverie.
As soon as I saw your beautiful face, 
my heart leaped for wonder and excitement.
That chilly morning, the first time I met you, 
brought my soul to life.
I have been waiting for your gentle keys
to unlock my troubled self.
Your voice is like my other half,
Serenading my head with lovely melodies.
You feel so warm on lifeless days during the winter,
and refreshingly cool during sweltering summers.
I love the way you cantillate, 
Whispering sonatas,
Jazzy pieces, 
and songs written by me.
Trumpeting blue scales 
and Christmas music
from high C to low.
Filling my head with reflections,
elation flowing from the ends of my fingertips
tormenting me with sorrow
permeating the room with melancholy themes.
Feelings of divine peace,
amazing wonder,
feverish excitement, 
an unimpaired serenity.
You are my inspiration. 
I can see why they call you Grand.

                                                                                                      ©Sierra Jorgensen

Sierra has become quite the poetic writer and her English honors teacher Mrs. Rowland quoted this piece saying, "This is simply lovely, like a Brahms melody...Superior use of language to evoke a wide array of images and sensations."  

I couldn't agree more. 

*Any guesses as to what she wrote about?

2 comments:

  1. Very nice! Of course I know what she is writing about - the piano :). I feel the same way about it myself. I miss Sierra so much! I wish I could hear her play. Please tell her hello for me and I'm glad to hear she loves the piano so much. She's quite a writer as well :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Tammy-We miss you too! Ever since we moved to North Carolina and now New Jersey, we have been blessed to find good piano teachers. Still...you will always be our favorite!!! I will let her know you said hello. She has a recital on May 6. I'll make sure to record it and post it on FB for you to see!

    ReplyDelete