REPLY

Monday, March 7, 2011

Appreciating what's in the home.



There are so many things in this life that makes us happy. Not necessarily the things of the world, but the things that are right underneath our nose...inside our very own homes.

Things that made me happy today were...Waking up to read my scriptures, and then reading the notifications on my Facebook that were so endearing. Getting a phone call from my sister to let me know how much she appreciates me and how much she loves her nieces and nephew. Getting a text message from a sister in my church to say she was sorry because I didn't get my 'weekly hug' from her due to her not feeling well. Walking into your almost 16 year old daughter's bedroom to see that her bed is made and her desk isn't piled with papers and 'stuff' (mind you she wakes up at 4:45 every morning.) Seeing signs of Spring and the sun shining outside.

 Being surrounded by family pictures and bright colors which light up my living room.

 Looking in the food pantry to find this yummy mix from Serendipity 3 that I bought last Christmas while in New York City.


Things such as books...lots and lots of books.



and the books that I'm currently reading.


Having your youngest daughter come home from school, and showing you the picture she drew for her daddy to let him know how much she appreciates him working a ten hour shift.



Having a piano (or two) in your home.

Having your oldest daughter come home from school instead of turning on the TV (or any other electronic device) to play on said piano.
Putting on this duvet cover set that I bought at IKEA the other day.
I'm sure there are other things that we can find in our home that makes us happy...we just need to look closely for them. They can be the little things that we miss. The happiest thing that made me happy today was that while my son was napping, I was able to write and post this on my blog. The happy ending was being there for him when he awoke from his nap.


You can see that he is still waking up!

Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.~Robert Brault
'



No comments:

Post a Comment