REPLY

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

April Rain

If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant; if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome. ~Anne Bradstreet

April has started off like a monsoon here in New Jersey and although it was a clear beautiful day of 79 degrees yesterday, we are expecting to have more rain for the rest of the week.

It came down heavily early this morning and it is now drizzling. I don't mind the rain at all. I grew up in Texas and we always got a lot of rain, especially during the hurricane season. Sometimes you just need to go outside in the rain and be like a little child (or like in the picture above, play with your child.) You would think on days like this that we should just stay home, complain and mope about why it is still raining and say things such as,"I want summer already!" Be grateful it's not snowing like it is in Utah!
Not us.

I refuse to let this weather put a damper on me on my husband's day off!! Sure, I want sunny days too but, I actually love April. It is a season for me which alters my attitude. Having it rain is a sign that Spring is definitely here, and that beautiful flowers such as hydrangeas will soon be in full bloom. April is also a time to plant flowers, celebrate Earth Day and Arbor Day, and although we don't have a big back yard...plant a vegetable garden. Easter falls on the last Sunday of this month and we look forward to it. It's perfect because our kids' spring break begins the day after. So...see, there are pros to having April rain.

We are going to enjoy today and the rest of the rainy season. I want to do my best to have fun with my kiddos on overcast, rainy days like today. So, if you're experiencing April rain in your neck of the woods...take advantage and do something fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment