REPLY

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Margate Beach


While living in North Carolina my girlfriend Maggie sent me a postcard that had a picture of Lucy the Elephant. When we moved to New Jersey three years ago I stumbled upon my box of postcards and found Lucy. Margate is only an hour away from where we live and I told Jon that we just had to visit her. This is our third time visiting Lucy since moving here and she still stands strong. She was under renovation for awhile. I would say she needed a little makeover being 130 years old! She's the world's largest elephant and the only one you can enter inside. At first we thought it was a hotel for beach guests but it only serves as a summer home, tavern, hotel and tourist attraction. Lucy has staircases in her legs that lead to rooms inside which looked really cool!
Lucy looms  65 feet over the Margate beach (no we didn't count the steps we read it in the brochure.)

After visiting Lucy we all played at the beach for a while. It was a gorgeous day, but still too cold to get in the water. We LOVE the shore and are so fortunate to live so close to it. It sure beats driving three hours when we used to live in North Carolina! A one hour drive here in Jersey is fine with me!



For some reason Noah does not like the sand dry... or wet! Every time we put him down he'd start to cry. He'd take a few steps and then raise his hands so we can pick him up. I felt so bad, and although Jon would tell me not to pick him up right away, I couldn't help it. I give in too easily... so Lexie and I held him most of the time. When the girls were his age they loved the water. I'm sure this is just a phase and that he'll eventually get used to the water, and sand!
                                                                                 


 ^^^ Atlantic City skyline in the background. ^^^

 I am loving the fact that Jon has this whole week off, and that we are spending time as a family during the girl's spring break. The weather has been perfect and I hope it'll stay that way for the remainder of the week. We have much to be grateful for, and for the fact that we were able to have spent the day in one of God's beautiful creations. 

*Have you ever seen Lucy the Elephant?
*Do you have a child who is afraid to stand on wet sand?

No comments:

Post a Comment