REPLY

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Cascarones...An Eggcellent Tradition


Noah trying to assist Chelsea in filling the confetti inside the eggshell.

Here is something my tejano friends in Texas can appreciate. Making cascarones. Why do I insist on making cascarones every year? Oh yeah...because my mom and grandma used to make them every year when I was little. That was another fun thing I remember during my childhood. My sister and I cracking them on my brothers head. Now I am carrying on the tradition of making cascarones with my kids. They look forward to this every year. They may be time-consuming to make, but in the end...cracking them on the heads of friends and family, and those you just want to give a good smack to on the head is all worth making them. Oh...how I miss my friends and family both in Utah and Texas right about now. However, I can think of plenty of heads here in Jersey I would love to crack one on. 
I'm reading to crack some heads.-Noah
We are ready for some fun this weekend. You can read about how to make cascarones here.


*Do you have any easter family traditions?
*Have you ever made cascarones?

3 comments:

  1. I saw these on a different blog recently. They look so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to share traditions with my family. Its an awesome way to make new memories. God bless you always. I love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rikki, they are a lot of fun to make and crack on someone's head. You become a pro after doing it for so many years.

    Jenah-I always appreciate your genuine and heartfelt posts. I pray many blessings upon you! I can't believe you have two beautiful children. I still remember you when you were nine!! You can still call me Aunt Rose if you want!xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete