REPLY

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Singing in the Rain

Yesterday we did something that we haven't done in quite sometime. Played in the rain. This is something I don't think I would have done when my eldest was six. I didn't think of things like this when I was a new mom. I never wanted to get her clothes dirty. I'm sure there are first time mom's who were the exact same way as I was. Now...it doesn't matter. Like I wrote in my last post, clothes can be washed, and it's the little things that matter most.

We haven't had non-stop rain since April, and with the days pushing 100 degrees lately...I can actually say I didn't mind the rain. 

Chelsea was the first one to run out of the house, and splash into the puddles. This is the first time she put jeans on since the month of March! She was excited to wear jeans again and her cherry rain boots. Her sisters were about to come out, but Noah began to fuss so they stayed inside with him. He loved watching the rain come down, but he didn't like getting wet. I was behind the camera the whole time, but enjoyed taking these pictures... 

Chelsea was not ready to get back into the house. She could have stayed outside forever. I took shelter underneath a big tree to prevent my camera from getting wet. It was worth all the mosquito bites I have on my ankles (I was wearing capris, and should have worn long jeans) just to hear the joy in her voice as she was singing, twirling, and splashing about in the rain. 

It's moments like this where I don't mind being interrupted. Whether I am reading a book, blogging, cleaning, or doing anything that is not as important to spend time with my kiddos. It's all worth it in the end when I see a smile like this...

No comments:

Post a Comment