REPLY

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Silent Guardian

This sock monkey was a gift given to Noah from a dear friend when he was born. Besides his wooby, he has been Noah's comfort since day one. I wish I can say that Noah sleeps comfortably in his crib every night, but he doesn't. This boy is almost 20 months old, and I have yet spoiled another child into sleeping with us on our bed.

Sound familiar to anyone? 
Is anyone else going through the same thing we are with toddlers sleeping in your bed?

I was proud of myself the other night because we let him cry himself to sleep instead of getting him out of his crib. I know we've started way too late in doing this and it'll probably take a few days (or a month) for him to adjust. He sleeps in his crib during the day just fine. It's at night when he is restless and always wants to be with me. I am still nursing him, and sometimes I wonder if that has anything to do with him waking up twice at night thinking he's thirsty, and that he needs to nurse. I nursed all my girls until they were two years old. Noah will be two this November and I plan to wean him by then. They all slept soundly in their crib except for Chelsea, and now I've spoiled Noah. Maybe it's because I've become soft in my parenting ways being that Chelsea is the baby girl, and Noah is the only boy.

Whatever the reason is it doesn't matter to me. My husband is a heavy sleeper, and he doesn't mind too much that Noah will sometimes lay down with us.  Most husband's would mind. I guess you can say we didn't have a choice for our two youngest ones to share our space in our bedroom. We've never lived in a house until now and still... Noah's crib is in our room.

This sock monkey has been a life saver in many ways. There are nights when Noah will sleep through the night as long as he has his wooby with him, and his monkey laying right next to him. Besides Curious George, he is the only monkey that doesn't scare him. He will watch cartoons with him, and sit with him while I read a book to them. I just don't have this sock monkey sitting on a shelf collecting dust, and looking all cute with those big red lips glaring at you. Maxx has been there for him through sleepless nights. I believe that he has helped a lot with the sleeping situation. I am his full time guardian during the day, but he has become his silent guardian throughout the night.

Let's pray it stays that way!

Who needs to read Babywise (although it is a good book) when Noah has Maxx.

No comments:

Post a Comment