REPLY

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Palymra, Birthplace of the Restoration

This is the blogging finale of our Palmyra trip. There was just so much to do when we went.

 After all, we only come up here once a year (except for Sierra... she'll be up here again next week for youth conference.)

This is the Peter Whitmer house. I always feel a sense of peace when I enter in. This little house is where the LDS church was first organized. Can you believe there were only six members who attended church  in this home, and now there are over 14 million members!
 As I was walking up to the top of the Hill Cumorah, I was thinking back to when I first climbed it in 2009. I was seven months pregnant. I was amazed at my determination back then. This time around, it was a piece of cake, and it was good exercise too!


The view from the top of the Hill Cumorah. You can see the stage and the all the chairs that sit at least 9,000 people.
I love this scripture.

It really helped me when I was first investigating the church. I was challenged and read the entire Book of Mormon before committing to this wonderful church. I know that if I continue to do what is right, read my scriptures daily, and strive to do my very best in this world...the blessings will pour down from heaven upon me and my family.
And last but not least, our favorite place to go to escape the things of the world... the temple. As you walk into the temple and enter the foyer there is a view of the Sacred Grove. It really brings an even more peaceful feeling. 


So happy that we were able to enjoy this time as a family.
Until next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment