REPLY

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Youth Conference in Palmyra, NY

"I had actually seen the light, and in the midst of that light I saw two Personages, and they did in reality speak to me; and though I was hated and persecuted for saying that I seen a vision, yet it was true...I knew it, and I knew that God knew it, and I could not deny it."
~Joseph Smith
Last week over 150 youth including youth leaders from the The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints spent Youth Conference in Palmyra New York. We all went the week before as a family to see the Hill Cumorah Pageant, and other sites. So this was a special treat for Sierra going once again, but with the youth.

Although it was unbearably hot since the entire eastern seaboard experienced a heat wave of up to 116+ degrees...the youth still managed to enjoy themselves and take in everything spiritual.
Sierra came home to tell me all that they did and the spiritual experiences that they all encountered which included...

*Performing baptisms for the dead at the temple (which I heard they ended up doing work for over   
  1000 people!
*Bearing their testimonies inside the chapel.
*Walking the Sacred Grove...TWICE.
*Visiting the Smith Family farm.
*Walking up to the top of the Hill Cumorah.


They also had a dance on the last night of their trip. I think the dance took their minds off being so terribly hot since there was no air conditioning in the dorms they were sleeping in. 

As Sierra was telling me all about the three days spent in Palmyra she really enjoyed all that she did...company included. She loves her friends in the church very much, and will do anything for them. The joy that the spirit brings when all the youth from our church attend any activities church related draws them closer to Christ, and I know that it wants to make all of them a better person, and loving friend to all.

After all...that's why we have these youth activities, so they can all draw closer to our Savior
Jesus Christ.

**all photos taken by Sierra's friends...not me.

No comments:

Post a Comment