REPLY

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

A New life

Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. ~John 3:5
One of the greatest gifts that our Heavenly Father can give each and every one of us is the chance to start our lives fresh and to feel cleansed and free from our past transgressions. This feeling of renewal is called Baptism.

This past Sunday I attended one of my dearest friends husband's baptism at our church, and it was great to see this wonderful man enter the waters of baptism to begin his life anew. Every baptism that I attend always brings back memories of my own. It is a reminder that tells me to continue to live the covenants I made 19 years ago when I was baptized. Listening to my dear friend give a talk on baptism to her husband was joyful and it brought peace to my soul. Although she was stating this talk to Allen...I felt as if she was talking to me, and I'll never forget it. There are certain people who come into our life for a reason, and her spirit of strength and courage has helped me in many ways. She exhibits true friendship, and she has brought a lot of joy into my life. This family has shown me that even in times of hardship, we have that chance to start over, and pray that we will endure to the end. I've known this family now for almost two years, and their example of striving to do their best has taught me that no matter how hard life gets being a member of the church, we can grow from those hardships.

What was heartfelt was hearing Allen's testimony after he got baptized. To hear that he was investigating the church for five years was something that I can understand. Although it took me six months to join, it may take others longer. He has always been supportive of the church, and am impressed that he joined on his own motive.
Her son Jordan had the opportunity to baptize Allen. How wonderful for him to have experienced that! This was his first time to perform this ordinance, and I can tell he was excited...yet nervous at the same time.
 I see a light in this family that we can all have. A pleasant countenance that is refreshing and uplifting. That is the light of Christ. This is just the beginning of a 'forever family' and of greater things to come for them. After all, our main goal is to live as Christ did, and to return back to our Heavenly Father with no regrets or fear. 

No comments:

Post a Comment