REPLY

Friday, February 1, 2013

because it's friday on the first of february.

A while back while waiting in the car for Jon to come out of the house because he forgot his phone Chelsea opened up a book, and began reading aloud to Noah. She loves to read, and you can see the happiness, patience, and love expressed to her brother depicted in this video.

Noah also loves books with pictures of animals in it. I think the sounds he was making made the story more fun for her to read!


Chelsea & Noah have their moments when one is not satisfied with the other. More than I'd like. 


I love these moments where these two are getting along without any screaming, or Noah pulling her hair because Chelsea is leaning on to his seat teasing him because she is not sitting in a carseat. 


She is the only one that will get bored when we go for long drives in the car. I always tell her to bring a book, or etch a sketch to keep her busy until we reach our destination, but sometimes her little mind forgets. Luckily I keep some books in the car, a couple of hide and seek bags for emergencies, and on this day she was so sweet as to have read him this story


It's times like these when you see the sibling love, & then accepting the fact that it's a part of life when siblings don't get along.


I remember my sister and I getting along quite well while we were young kids, but once we hit our teens all hell would break loose. Well, sometimes. 


Now that we are older we are the best of friends. We'll call up one another when advice is needed. We'll talk about the latest fashion. Sometimes she'll compliment me on my style, and vice versa. She is my only sister, and no matter the distance that separates us I do my best to keep in touch with her via facebook, calling, snail mail, and her favorite...texting.  


All we can do as parents is continue to tell them to be kind to one another, and simply love one another. I also remind them to stop behaving in a way they wouldn't want to be treated because in the end, when they are older they are ALL going to need each other. 


They will be calling each other for get-togethers, girl/boy problems, and advice. There will be tears on the other end of the phone when one is not having a good day, month, or year! 


I know it because my sister and I have been through plenty of those. Still do.


Loving your siblings is important, and I want my three girls to be there for Noah when he has some little girl break his heart (maybe he'll be the heartbreaker), or needs any sisterly advice. 


Same goes for the girls.


But seriously...aren't they just the cutest in the video? 


I love them both so much!


I love all our kids so much! 


No comments:

Post a Comment