REPLY

Friday, August 16, 2013

my loves of ocean city.


Two more weeks of summer are left before school resumes here on the east coast, and like many other families we too are taking advantage of the nice weather. Crowds of people covered the boardwalk in Ocean City, and many families are taking advantage of summer having their last minute vacations at their beach house. I see a lot of families with small children & this is definitely a quaint town with a kid friendly beach. 

Smiles are exchanged as we passed people by. Tons of kids were lined up at Playland's Cove to enter inside the amusement park. It's a quaint park, but after going to Coney Island many times in the past our kids long for those Nathan's hot dogs & the fact that it is a landmark in Brooklyn makes it more fun for them. 
Walking down the boardwalk, eating a sno cone in the flavor of tiger's blood (and preferred over any flavor in water ice), salt water taffy, homemade fudge, and spending time with my family in OC are treats that I love...especially when summer is coming close to an end.

1 comment:

  1. I'm a grandmother of 7. But when I was a child I spent many summers at the shore in ocean city and wildwood. Then I moved away. But now I have returned. This reminds me I need to go back and revisit it again.

    ReplyDelete