REPLY

Thursday, August 22, 2013

my solace.

I have been reading my patriarchal blessing a lot lately for the mere fact of hoping to look at it in a different perspective each time...and I have. It has never left me disappointed, or has led me gone astray. It is something very special that I hold dear to my heart, and something that is crucial in my life. It is my solace, and in many ways...a life saver!

With the loss of Jon's job, and all that we are facing it is such a comfort to be able to read that piece of paper I call, "My personal guide to a happy life from Heavenly Father."

I love my blessing and try to read it everyday. I have a copy in my journal, and in my scriptures. I received it 11 years ago when I was 30, and although I continue to have trials in my life I have faith in my blessing, and in the Savior to know that it will come to pass. And so far...it has.

I strive my best to live a life as a faithful servant to my fellow man, and The Lord. No one is perfect, as am I, but I know that if I seriously do what is right that my blessing will be true.

It is up to us on how we view it, and the faith that we carry.

It is given to us for a reason, and believe me when I write this...I was new to the ward in which I received my blessing. I had never met the patriarch nor did I have a clue as to who he was. The minute he laid his hands upon my head and began speaking it was as if Heavenly Father was talking to me through him!

The Lord certainly knows each, and every one of us and on that specific day He knew how my life had been, and where it was heading. So far it has come to pass, and I am forever grateful that I am able to continue to stay home with my kids. I love my blessing, and will never doubt it.

No matter the trials I have had, and will face-I will NEVER doubt it.

Job loss or not I know the Lord will find a great working environment for Jon, and that I will be able to continue to be at home with my little boy 24/7...at least while he's still little.

Sierra's blessing was even more amazing! She received it when she was 16, and everything that is written in it is up to her as to how she lives this life. All our kids continue to learn as my husband and I teach them the importance of preparing and receiving their blessings. 

Sierra loves her blessing, and knows that it's a personal guide to navigate her throughout her mortal life. She knows that she will have trials, and when she does to look upon her blessing for peace. Next in line to get her blessing is Lexie, and she is preparing to receive it soon. 

I accentuate the positive in my patriarchal blessing and really treasure it! No matter what happens in the future looking at that piece of paper is just that...a blessing.

Even in the most trying of times, I will always have faith.

I used to be one who expected something to happen overnight. 

Not anymore. 

No more instant gratification. 

Sometimes the patience is worth the wait in building up that strength. I see my blessing as a timetable too, and that has helped my patience as well.

I have too much hope to worry about my life when other people have it worse.

I especially have too much faith to worry about my blessing being...what word can I use...inaccurate, untrue, unsuccessful, wrong!! Well, fortunately for me it has never let me down. Even if some of the things that are written in it have yet to come true there is no way I can turn down such a wonderful blessing, and deny it.

We are are each individuals and no one's blessing is ever the same. I thank the The Lord for that because if they were all the same I think life would be pretty dull, and we would never grow from our trials or experiences or look at our blessing in different perspectives.

**If you are a bit curious as to what a Patriarchal blessing is watch this. I love this video! 

No comments:

Post a Comment