REPLY

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

distance makes the heart grow fonder.

After writing about Jon's job loss I was so overwhelmed with the outpouring love that surrounded us on that day. Some of you called, texted, and commented via Facebook, and Instagram. In spite of all the negativity that the social network can bring its times like this which bonds us together as friends where words of encouragement are exchanged, and that makes me extremely grateful for technology.

Most of you that commented are friends that I have known for over 20 years, and that makes me happy!! Most of you I haven't seen since high school, and that's all kinds of wrong!! I just love that we can all come together through social networking, use it for good, and reconnect after so many years. All in the name of oversharing. Especially on facebook. 

I know that I blog a lot, and I hope that you will never grow weary of my words, pictures, thoughts, or feelings.

Life is too short to not share my life with you, and it'll be very interesting when my younger kids are older so that they can read all these posts, and snicker, roll their eyes up in the air, laugh, or cry and say "oh, brother", and "oh no she didn't!"

Sometimes I forget that strangers read this, and yes it can be scary at times because my blog is global, but I count my blessings for not having any kind of weirdness in my life because of it. I haven't had any "real" negativity from blogging either, and even if I did nothing would stop me from bringing my pen to paper,  fingers to the keyboard to share my stories. I may not have hundreds of followers, but I want you to know that if you do read this little blog that I am so, so grateful.

Talking with my sister last night for hours made my whole day. It's been a few years since I've seen her, and again...that's all kinds of wrong!! I'm so glad we can text, and catch up on facebook, and after weeks of not chatting over the phone call each other up and have all kinds of gossip (the clean kind) to catch up on. 

Friends, and family that we haven't seen in a long, long time really softens the heart, and I continue to grow from all the memories that were build long ago from those relationships, and the ones that are in the making today.

When my my dear friend Rosalie came to visit me last year it was amazing, and it felt as if I had just seen her yesterday. Funny thing...we hadn't seen each other in over 25 years!! My friend Ceyda, and her cute daughter will be coming to visit me over my birthday week next month, and I haven't seen her since I moved from Utah seven years ago!! It'll be so nice to see her!!

My in laws have been visiting more than ever from Utah, and that also puts a smile on my face because it makes the kids happy. I can also tell that Jon really misses his mom and dad because he can talk their ear off.

So...who's going to come visit me next year?? 

Distance truly makes the heart grow fonder, and the lives of those whom we haven't seen for years are touched in many different ways. Really makes me appreciate them, and my life even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment