REPLY

Thursday, August 1, 2013

beach day in belmar.

When the girls returned home from girls camp last week I wanted to do something fun with them. The beach is one our favorite places, and the last time we were here was on Memorial day. I can't believe we are halfway through summer, and have only been to the beach a couple of times! 

Even though we have little blue pool we still need to hear the sounds of the ocean. Luckily we are surrounded by various beaches, and just like that we ventured out to Belmar beach for some fun in the sun for our family "beach" evening.

Yes...we had our family home evening at the beach and it was the best. Although we have always done it in the comforts of our own home, the beach is comfortable too. What better place to spend time as a family than in one of God's most beautiful creations! 

We had all kinds of fun splashing, and jumping in the waves. From a distance I can see the girls doing karate kicks, and then see Sierra fall getting lost in the water. For a moment I thought she was drowning, and indeed she had to hold her breath for quite a long time. Apparently her hair got tangled in Lexie's leg while a wave was crashing through her and was down for what seemed like forever. As I began to go towards her I saw her head go up, and I was relieved. 

When she told me the story of what happened with her hair getting all tangled I told her that she should keep her hair up. She freaked out for a while, but then like a mermaid went back in again and had a blast with Lexie. Oh...the nuances of having curly hair!! 
Chelsea can't swim very well yet, and even though she is fearless she won't get in too deep. I was keeping her company until her sisters took her under their wing. 
I remember the first time we came here how Noah loved playing in the sand, but not in the water. When he was two and a half he seemed to loathe everything about the beach. Now he loves to get in the water, play in the sand, and likes the feeling of sand on his feet. #hesgoingtobefourinnovember Sorry about the hashtag on my blog!!
I kind of don't want summer to end, but it's inevitable, and then before we know it it'll be time for sweater weather. Right now we are taking advantage of our time together before Sierra is off to college. We are going to make the month of August count!
And we did just that until the sun went down.

No comments:

Post a Comment