REPLY

Thursday, August 8, 2013

what summers are made of.


When I lived in Texas as a child I remember taking endless showers. Sometimes two or three a day. My mom would get mad at me sometimes because she said I was wasting water. I think she gave up on me after the fact that, because we had no air condition in the house she understood why I was taking shower after shower.

The fact that our shower was outside didn't make it any better. I'd shower then dry off only to go outside and sweat again. Sometimes it felt as if I was at the beach rinsing off after swimming in the ocean. The fact is that I am grateful for running water and for my mom who stopped scolding me during those brutal summers in Texas for taking endless showers.

With summer coming to a close in a few weeks that memory came into my mind. During the heat wave we had in July I kept hearing wining voices saying, "It's so hot, and I'm itching."

Luckily I only dealt with one wining child instead of three (any guesses as to which child it was?)
All I have to say is thank goodness for bottled water, indoor showers, and a little blue pool that we have to cool these kids off.

I remember having one when I was their age, and my sister and I loved playing in it. I remember ours being a bit bigger though. Too bad I don't have any pictures of us in it. I know my mom had a polaroid back in the day, but hardly ever took pictures I guess that's why I'm a fanatic on taking pictures of my family.

Little blue pools are definitely made for summer, and it has been bittersweet seeing the kids playing in it! They are taking advantage of playing in it until the last minute of summers end!




No comments:

Post a Comment