REPLY

Monday, August 5, 2013

the gift from the sea.

Ever have days as a mother, or just a person for that matter where you just want to venture off alone without anyone bothering you? Not that any of my family members bother me. As much as I have fun with all of my family at the beach sometimes I just need to sit, and relax without having any interruptions. 

This past Saturday I drove to the beach again, and only brought along three teenagers. Even though I wasn't completely alone it sure felt pretty close to it. I really enjoyed this time with them. Being at the beach sitting, and relaxing without keeping a watchful eye on Chelsea, and Noah was nice. I even finished reading a book! Even if it was a book with 125 pages I finished it, and it was one of the greatest books I've ever read! 

While reading certain excerpts from this book all the thoughts, and ideas of the writer were speaking right at me. It's as if she was telling me that it's okay to feel this way. It's okay to want to be alone. It's okay to want to be alone with your husband, and leave the kids behind. Life can certainly be overwhelming at times and finding balance in our daily life is the best way to handle "life". 

Sitting next to Lexie without saying a word to each other didn't feel weird at all. If anything it was relaxing. Hearing the sounds of the waves as they were crashing really hard was so peaceful. It didn't matter that I was surrounded by dozens of people on the beach. Everyone was doing their own thing, and minding their own business. At times a ball would fly our way because of a family playing ping pong in the air, but I didn't mind the sound of the tap, tap, tap. 





I'll tell you something going to the beach and really putting all your energy in just taking in the moment whether your reading, writing, or just laying out can really bring you a whole new perspective as to why you are there. 
Why do we come to such a place when one can pretend to be a mermaid, and swim in the ocean, pick up seashells, or surf the waves? Why does anyone? It's so true what the author wrote about how the sea can bring you many gifts. What gift it brings is upon you. How we define the meanings behind our feelings as to why we walk up and down the shore feeling the sand on our feet, and hearing the sounds of the ocean is surely comforting, and a perfect place to get closer with our inner being.
Life on the beach is viewed differently by everyone...including teenagers. I know my girls love the beach for pleasure, getting together with friends, and the food. You can't leave the boardwalk without having fried oreos! 
I found out a lot about me on this day as I was sitting, laying, reading, and looking way out into the ocean imagining. I even got in the water for a while and splashed them waves with the girls. Even if it was just for a few hours I felt rejuvenated, and so much better about myself, and this "life" that I am living. It seems the older our family gets in age the more I want to be in tune with my needs, and their needs. I realized that in order to "have it together" I need to take care of myself, rely on the Divine, be hopeful, and just be happy . 

Everyone of us is different as to how we view "life on the beach". Some come for pleasure, and some come for peace, and although I love having fun...I usually come for peace. 
And just like that I allowed that peace to take over my soul on this day. Let's hope it'll stick with me forever because I don't ever want to forget it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment