REPLY

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Our Easter Egg Hunt.

One of the reasons I look forward to spring is because of change. A change in season comes with renewing our lives which reminds me of the resurrected Christ. Easter is one of our favorite times of the year, and today we decided to have a simple egg hunt in the outskirts of Jersey. 

We usually have our egg hunts on Sunday after dinner, but decided as a family that from now on we would do it the day before Easter. I really want to keep the sabbath day reverent...especially on Easter sunday. Chelsea and Noah are our two youngest children ones who enjoy easter egg hunts, and the rest of us "older" folk enjoy preparing it & making the day fun for them. Now I don't go out of my way with buying every thing under the sun when it comes to "gifts". Can you believe I only bought two small bags of candy this year, and no toys? I've also been reusing the same plastic eggs for over two years now. I'm pretty proud of myself that I'm not buying cheap toys that'll break within an hour, and loads of candy that'll keep my kids high on sugar till all hours of the night. Go me! 

Like Christmas, Easter gets more simpler. One thing I am most pleased with about my girls is that they know that Easter is not about the bunny, or candy. Although those things are fun to "believe in" and yummy to eat they know the purpose of why we really celebrate this day. Noah is beginning to see the "light" as to the purpose of our Easter egg hunts. We fill up the plastic eggs with candy, spare change, and slips of paper that tell "The Story of Jesus". We have been doing this tradition since the girls were elementary age, and I'm so, so grateful that I continue to do this each year so that we can remember all that He did for us, and never forget His sacrifice.

This year Noah found the empty egg which represents the "empty tomb." It truly makes a difference in our kids lives when we teach them proper principles of the gospel, and about the resurrected Christ.

I'm also a mom that thrives on fun, and love seeing my kids happy. We dig Easter egg hunts, and here are some scenes of how we spent this beautiful Saturday afternoon.
^^^ Another tradition that has been carried down from my family is making cascarones (confetti eggs). The girls made these, and they all had fun "giving each other cascarones." You have to be mexican in order to understand what I just wrote, and if you're a different nationality other that mexican then I'm very impressed!) ^^^
^^^ nailed her! haha!~ Chelsea ^^^
^^^ Lexie tried to be all sneaky trying to give me a cascarone, but I got to her first! haha! A mother knows... ^^^
^^^ Poor Noah...he looked like he was getting tired of us giving him cascarones. It's easy to take advantage of the little ones and give them cascarones because they don't quite get the concept of what they actually are! Especially in this vine when Chelsea popped him one. ^^^
^^^ Noah's look on his face is like, "yeah right...like she can reach it." ^^^
^^^ "I found it!" ^^^
^^^ she was determined ^^^
^^^ as was Noah with a little help from big sister ^^^
^^^ mission accomplished! ^^^
^^^ this is perfection ^^^
^^^ opening up their eggs, and telling the story of Jesus. ^^^
Words can't describe how I was feeling at this moment. I just love my family so much! Seeing the kids happy & playing in the park afterwards. I think Jumping on dad was their way of thanking him for a fun day. I'm just really, really grateful that we all enjoyed this day without any bickering (okay...there was a little between the kids, but it wasn't too bad.) It was so peaceful, and fun at the same time. It's so nice to spend our Saturdays without worrying about laundry, errands, or chores. I'm lucky that throughout the week we can work together as a family to get those things out of the way so that we can all enjoy our weekend, and concentrate preparing for the sabbath. Especially on this day knowing that as we lay ourselves down for bed tonight we know that this beautiful day took place all because of Him.

Have a blessed Easter everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment