REPLY

Monday, April 21, 2014

an eggstravaganza in nyc.

Every now & then we take trips to New York City because let's face it...there is always something to do and see. Whether it's new exhibits at the MoMa or different art insulations at Madison Square park. This time the city had a big a big easter egg hunt that consisted of at least 270 faberge eggs. They were spread out all around the five boroughs of Manhattan & for this week only they'll have them displayed at the Rockefeller Center.

When I told Chelsea that we were going on an easter egg hunt in Manhattan she couldn't quite understand why we were driving to New York just for that. She doesn't mind because she loves the city, and as we were halfway there she says, "mom...we forgot our baskets!" I then said, "we don't need baskets for these eggs." She asked why, and that's when I told her it's a surprise.

She was surprised all right! She couldn't believe how huge these eggs were! She loved every single egg, and was excited to be "cracking" them from my iPhone. Apparently there was an app where you could download, and hunt the eggs, and when you find it you crack it. There's a barcode you can scan where each egg is displayed, and you can either save it, or crack it. It also records every egg you collected. It was pretty cool, and the girls had fun with that.

Art really inspires me, and I was very impressed with all the different compositions, ideas, and designs each faberge egg had. They were all designed by various artists, and there were so many that I loved. If I had a ton of money I would have walked away with one that day. Then again I'd have to figure out where to display it in the house! The girls were amazed at all the different ways the eggs were designed.
^^^ "love me"^^^
 ^^^ Humpty dumpty... ^^^
^^^ because I'm a 70's baby! The disco egg was my favorite!" ^^^
 ^^^ This was the most famous cracked egg. The Ralph Lauren egg. ^^^

This is awesome...New York skyline.

 ^^^ a chalked egg in which we wrote our names on. ^^^
 ^^^ where's waldo? ^^^

 ^^^ "It's a lego egg daddy! ^^^



^^^We went for a walk afterwards throughout the city, and what a gorgeous day it was! The weather was perfect, and some of the trees are in full bloom! ^^^

We had so much fun exploring the streets of new york looking at fabulous art, and skyscrapers. I have moments where I wonder how it would feel like to live in this concrete jungle of a city, and after living in Jersey for almost six years....I'm more than sure that I could handle it!
Left with some Joe's Pizza on the ride home! Best pizza in the village if you're in a hurry!

It truly was good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment