REPLY

Friday, April 25, 2014

Books we own, read, and are currently reading.

When all is quiet in the house such as Noah taking a nap (which is becoming more rare) or entertaining himself with his trucks & legos I find myself reading more & more books rather than spending my "free time" on social media or popping in a DVD. 

I'd like to share a few books that I have read & am currently reading at this moment. In the past two weeks I have read four books so far. That's a record for me folks because the last time I read that many was last summer! I tend to read more in the spring & summer months as opposed to fall & winter. I don't know why but there's something about sitting outside your back yard or on the beach reading a really good book that you just can't put down. And this week I have read quite a few.  
^^^ my lovely son took this pic...can you tell? ^^^
I'm such a hoarder when it comes to books and my daughters are the same way. We find ourselves at the library every week to see what the new arrivals are. If I could fill up my house with books I would, and I do! It would be nice to find a house with extra space to build a bookshelves, and have ourselves our own little library. I refuse to buy a kindle because I love the tangible feeling & the smell of books. For now some of our books are neatly stacked on bookshelves & some are piled neatly against the wall, and on the girls desks.The only thing we've accumulated since moving into this house are books. 

Here a few books that are great for teens & adults to read:

Eragon Series, Sword of Shannara Trilogy, Lord of the Rings Trilogy, Harry Potter Series, Hunger Games Series, Hourglass Door series, Candy Shop War series, Levin Thump series, Divergent series, 13th Reality series. Notice we dont' have the Twilight Series...not interested. Sorry Stephenie Meyer, but The Host was an interesting read. 
^^^ See what I mean? We seriously need just a little bit more room in this house to build a library! ^^^

^^^ I love these cloth style penguin classic books. ^^^
^^^ on top of Lexie's desk. ^^^
^^^ Chelsea's stash. ^^^
^^^ my domain, but the girls are welcome to 'check' out any book! haha! ^^^
^^ my current stash of books I've read, and want to read. ^^^
I watched the movie Heaven is for Real over Easter weekend & it was so good. I was so excited to watch it knowing that I had read the book. There have been times when I watch the movie & then read the book, but it's all good to me. The Fault of our Stars doesn't open in theatres until June & I  look forward to watching that movie as well. Such a sweet romantic love story. I'll probably read the book again for a quick recap before I do. They are both simple reads, and I literally read those books in one day! 

Glitter and Glue is another book I just read & it took me about a week to finish it. I love anything by Kelly Corrigan and the book just came out earlier this year. Her stories about her upbringing, her mother, & all that she went through & experienced as a young adult all the way into marriage, and her battle with breast cancer has inspired me to someday write my own story about all of my experiences.  She's written three books so far, and they have all been very inspiring. 

With Noah growing up & possibly starting preschool (we'll find out in June if he gets chosen) this fall will give me more "free time" to myself to seriously dig into all my journals & utilize them carefully into one (hopefully) great memoir. There are sooooooo many writers out there & books that are being written about interesting lives & meaningful stories with a purpose. I would love to be among those great writers who write their story as candid as possible.  I know it won't be an easy thing to do, but I feel that it's time & that is my resolution. 
^^^ This is perfection...love it when Noah just goes into his little space & picks out a book. ^^^
I know I have my blog & a ton of journals to leave behind for my posterity, but how wonderful it would be to put it all of that into one story. That way each of my children (and their future posterity) can have a copy instead of having them to decide which one keeps the journal mom wrote about her boyfriends, the one about her first years as a convert to the LDS church, the one about dating, the one about the rants, hardships, friendships, & the one about survival. 

Time will tell, but for now I'll keep reading good books to keep myself motivated & inspired in hopes that I make all those blog posts & brutally honest written journal entries into something that will make a story worth reading!

Here are a few more books on my list to read that are really good. Some of them I've already read (that's how I know they're really good!) Pretty much every book you see in these photos are really good. Want a thorough review...ask my daughter Lexie. She's the only one in the family who has read all of those series more than twice! 
  • The Namesake (never saw the movie, but don't feel that I need to.)
  • Hollow City (this is the second novel to Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children so read that one first!)
  • Animal, Vegetable, Miracle (very interesting book that'll keep you smiling all the way through!)
  • The Freedom Writer's Diary (saw the movie first, and now reading the book...again. It's that good.)
Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment