REPLY

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Our Easter Sunday, and a very special video.

I feel like I'm still in Easter mode. Like Christmas I don't want to put away my decorations. The colors of spring are so beautiful. I love pastels, and anything with light in color. Our Easter Sunday was absolutely perfect. I am so grateful for the friends that I have made in Jersey since moving here, and especially for this girl whom I've known for over 20 years. If it wasn't for her I wouldn't have known where to find the good schools, housing, etc. when I first moved here. So Maggie, I thank you once more for your help in that department. 
^^^ old school, traditional deviled eggs! ^^
Dinner was prepared by my husband, and it was delicious! We stuffed ourselves, and went for a walk afterwards. I know I mentioned wanting to keep this day reverent, but we had a few cascarones leftover from the egg hunt the day before, and the girls wanted to pop Maggie, and Maryann one. I ended up getting Maggie as soon as she arrived. She was excited, and shouted out, "cascarones!" Thank goodness I have someone I know (besides my family) what cascarones are, and has fun with them! We had a blast cracking them on each others heads. Maryann thought confetti eggs were different, yet so cool. 
 Lexie secretly walked up to Maggie, and...
Popped one on on her head! I can tell she had so much fun with us. We love her, and I hope that we can spend more occasions like this together. Friends are the best thing to make & keep! 
We have so much to be grateful for. All week long I had been posting pictures on Facebook and Instagram about all the things that make this specific 'holy' day extremely special, and possible. The church put out this powerful video, and if you have two minutes to watch it please do because it is so true. 

As a matter of fact here it is...

Life on this mortal earth is too short to spend alone, to be angry, bitter, or sad. So, so thankful for Resurrection day, and to continue every tradition I have thought of through family members, & ensign magazines on down to my children. This is such a beautiful season of renewal, and second chances, and I want to cherish every beauty that comes from it. 

Because of Him I have I have the opportunity to live with Him again with my entire family, and friends....and you do too. Because of Him death has no sting. There is life after death, and eternal happiness. That is what I strive to live like on this earth now. Because of the gift of the atonement I can use that to better myself, and improve on my imperfections. To live happily, and to share with others that this is what makes me a better human being. I make the choice to be happy in this life, and it's all because of Him...our savior Jesus Christ.

Now...time to prepare for Mother's day which is in two weeks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment