REPLY

Monday, April 28, 2014

three years of middle school drama productions.

Seeing my children's accomplishments brings me great joy. Especially when it's doing something they love. I was never involved in any drama productions in middle school & my attempt to be in a drama class my throughout high school was a joke...on my part. I believe I was a better dancer than an actress, hence being a part of the drill team the following year. Nonetheless those experiences taught me quite a bit. It helped me build more confidence within myself & helped me carry myself through all the hardships that I was experiencing at that time in my life.

This past weekend was Lexie's third & final drama production of her middle school career. She played Goldilocks in "Princess Who?" It was a cute play & everyone did such a great job. 
As each year goes by I am amazed at her level of maturity because when I saw her in her very first play "Frog & Toad" as a second grader, I swear her level of maturity was that of a fifth grader. We had been living in North Carolina & she was the only second grader in her class who had a singing part. She even had more lines than any of her classmates. She has always been so mature for her age & that is something that I've always been impressed by. 
^^^ Lexie in Frog & Toad, circa- 2007 ^^^
^^^ Lexie as a mole in frog & toad, circa-2007 ^^^
And now she's an eighth grade student who has the maturity of a "mature" 18 year old! 
^^^ Goldilocks ^^^
The entire cast gave a stellar performance this past weekend & I can't believe she has six more weeks of middle school left. She has enjoyed being a part of the drama productions for the past three years. You can view the past drama productions here (A walk in the Woods), and here (Spell of Sleeping Beauty).

Since this is their last year, the eighth graders had the opportunity to give a little 'speech of gratitude' at the end of the play. 
Everything that she does never disappoints & my proud mama moments just keep piling up. I look forward to many more of her accomplishments in the near future. Not sure where the time goes, but it sure flies super fast, and it's hard to believe that in just four years we're going to have another high school graduate in the house. Yikes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment