REPLY

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

winter, we forgive you.

It doesn't matter how much snow we may have gotten, or how bitter cold it was this past winter. Living so close to the beach makes it all worth it. This is what we get for living in the northeast where winters can be brutally cold, but at the end of the season when spring comes along my spirit is renewed, and I feel like a totally different person. I sense it in my family as well. Change of seasons  just do that to you. Noah absolutely loves the beach, and hasn't seen how huge the mountains are out west, but being that he's a "jersey boy" so far the beach is his favorite place to be. Can you believe I've lived here for almost six years and still can't come to the terms of uttering the word "shore"? Anyway, yesterday was pretty amazing and while the girls were at school we decided to go for a drive, and take advantage of this beautiful weather because surprise...it's supposed to get colder this week. I know...bummer, but we made the best of our day by taking advantage of every inch of this beach.
Noah was in awe when he saw the kites flying in the air, and I feel like a really bad mom for not owning one! I remember when Uncle Dave gave Sierra a kite when she was like five, but after that we've never had the desire or even thought to buy any. Well, we are definitely in the market for buying a few kites this spring at least for Chelsea and Noah because I know that they would absolutely love it! Especially since Noah's mornings consist of watching Mary Poppins almost every day hinting to us that he would really like to "go fly a kite" Makes me feel even more guilty. So that's on our list of things to buy this week. 
I think Noah prefers this beach over any other on the Jersey "shore" for the fact that they have a playground in the design of a pirate ship! I only snapped this one picture of him because Jon & I wanted to enjoy playing with him. He was also becoming restless, and it didn't help that the wind was getting colder. I'll always remember the first time he stepped foot on this pirate ship, and how he loved running around barefoot in the sand pretending to be the captain always saying, "arghhh."
This was a great day, and I'm so glad we are a spontaneous people who just get up and do things that make our kids happy. When you're in your 40's with a toddler life begins to pass you right before your eyes, and I personally don't want to miss any opportunity and pass on the things that I know will make us all happy. Just as our winter days were somewhat gloomy there were also days where I snapped out of my misery, and took this kid (and his sisters) outside to play in the snow. My days are better when I put my kids first, and for that I am extremely grateful for a heart that tells me to do so. Winters are always forgiven because like I said before...at the end of the season the beach, and all that makes spring beautiful...brutal, cold winters are always worth it. 

 Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment