REPLY

Monday, December 31, 2018

A Day At The American Museum Of Natural History.

It's new year's eve, and I'm catching up with some blogging. To be honest I haven't missed being on the computer. I love to write, and am on my last page in my one line a day journal, but even that has been a bit time consuming because let's be honest, you can't write just one line of what's happened in your day in a small journal. I'd rather just stick to one big handwritten journal where I can write, and write until my thoughts are done for what happened that day, and continue writing on a daily basis.
As far as this little blog goes I'll continue to share photos of our adventures, and whatever comes to mind, but for the most part it'll be sporadic. I probably won't be on here as much in the new year, but you can count on me posting on Instagram periodically. I love Instagram, and the fact that it can be somewhat of a "mini blog" because I pretty much post on there what I'm going to share on my blog. The only difference is that I share a bit more detail on my blog. 

Anyway...I wanted to share some photos that I already shared on my Instagram, but in case you missed it or don't follow, and enjoy getting on this little space on the net to read my musings, and sweet nothings I decided to document it. At some point I'm going to convert this blog, among some of my brutal writings from my journal into a book. Maybe not an actual book that I'd like to have published, but for my kids so that they can have something to pass on to their posterity. They are getting older, and busier which means they don't hop on here as much to read my blog posts and that's okay. I'd rather have them study, focus on their work rather than be on social media all day. I know that they see my Instagram posts, and that's good enough for me. But a book...oh that will be something to read! 

Now for some photos from our day at the American Museum of Natural History in New York...
Upon entering in there was a wafels and dinges cart, and ate our way through while standing in line. That's what happens when you're not a member, but if I lived in the city I would definitely get membership. Stuffing our face was a great way to pass the time. 
The kids found this museum fascinating especially Noah. They love historic animals, and Noah has always loved Dinosaurs. He has become obsessed with sharks recently, and was so thrilled to have finally stepped inside this museum. 
It was so crowded, and became a bit overwhelmed that we pretty much walked through everything in a jiffy. I didn't even take that many photos! Next time we go will be way before Christmas, and on a non-holiday during the day in the week where we can take our time and peruse all the exhibits carefully! We still had fun, and managed to make our way through the museum in a calm manner. 
The origami tree is a beautiful, and colorful sight! Noah could have stood here for an hour trying to search for all the animals on the tree. He was so impressed with the whole paper folding ornaments. I love that he has an artistic side, and he definitely gets that from his grandma Sue. 
We were here all day, and enjoyed every minute of it. It got dark so fast, and so I snapped this photo of one of the dinosaurs lit at night. 
And Noah having fun outside the museum.  

And now to prepare for the New year! Can't believe it's New Years eve! Hope y'all have a good one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment