REPLY

Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Coney Island On Memorial Day.

Coney Island is one of my favorite places to go in the summertime. It may be overcrowded and let's be honest...dirty but none of that matters to me. It's nostalgic and brings back so many memories of the time my mom took my sister and me to the movies to see the Warriors. Often wondering what this place looked like in real life. She has yet to come here for a visit but loves the photos I take every time we come here. 

Our kids have even developed a love for this place. They also don't care about its whereabouts, and how it looks. All they focus on are the rides, food, beach, and fun! They see the beauty hidden underneath Coney Island, and I do too and you can see the sure love on their faces in these photos...
Even though it's not officially summer yet, this time of year especially when it's sunny brings out the whole world. And it's one big party! So grateful that we were able to come here over the holiday break. Even though we came to "play" here on Memorial day it's nice to add in a little bit of fun through our sorrows. At least that's how I get through rough times. Again I am especially grateful that we made time to think of those service men and women who sacrificed their lives on our behalf and in honor of our country. They will never be forgotten, and we will always remember them on this day

No comments:

Post a Comment