REPLY

Monday, May 13, 2019

A Little Mother's Day Post.

"To those who are mothers, and to those who are not. To those who have mothers, and to those who wish they did. To those who are living their lives fully, and authentically, through all its ups and downs. We want you to know you are enough!"

Besides this video, This is my favorite mother's day message. I saw it on the come unto Christ Instagram page, and the reminder was overwhelming. Although I feel that my days of tears, and struggling as a mother are over I am far from it. Motherhood is neverending. It is constant, and trying at times. It truly is a wonderful message especially for those younger moms who are new at this whole motherhood thing. A beautiful reminder to let us know that we have always been enough. No matter our circumstance, and time of life in our mothering I always want to know that I am enough because as a mother of two adult children, and two young children we need to know that we are. 
This past mother's day we woke up early to drive to D.C. to hear my dear friend Brenda speak at her church. I love the fact that she lives closer, and in spite of the rain we drove, and made it safe and sound by noon. I love the fact that our church is nationwide, and no matter we go the church is the same. I love her ward, and everyone there is always so warm and welcoming. 

We spent most of our time in Georgetown where we walked and captured some moments with these two. We spotted this bright pink flower shop. Good thing it was closed which it made it easy to take pictures. 
I am so grateful that I still have two kids left at home to spend Mother's day with. My two oldest daughters called and we chatted for a while. No matter how far they are I am grateful that they take the time to call or text. Lexie would have been here to celebrate with me but is staying an extra month to work, plus Sierra's birthday is this Saturday and Lex wants to celebrate it with her. 
Each year shifts when it comes to my kids. The older they get, the simpler my mother's day gets, and that's okay. I don't need flowers, or extragavant gifts. All I need are to hear the voices of my kids, as well as my own mother. Time, and love are all that matters. Noah's little handmade card was the sweetest, and his little "slips in a jar" gift was the best. These are the ways I want to spend each mother's day. No matter the distance in our lives staying in touch via snail mail, texting are my favorite, but hearing the voices of the people I love is the best on Mother's day. 
Oh...and having Jon by my side on this special day is the best thing too especially when it comes to parenting together! 
Also, a special thank you to the lady who offered to take our picture of my small crew. 

Hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment