REPLY

Thursday, May 16, 2019

To Kill A Mockingbird On Broadway!

I don't know how many of you in my generation read to kill a Mockingbird in high school, and if you didn't, ever had the book introduced to you. I never read it in high school but I do remember seeing a copy of it at my local library when I was in middle school. Never read it, and I honestly never heard anyone really talk about the book. It wasn't until my own daughters read the book in high school, and after watching the movie ( love black and white movies) knew that I had to finally finish reading this book, and see the broadway show! 

Well, I found the book at a Goodwill store, and am a proud owner of it! This is one book I love having on my bookshelf and it has now become my favorite book of all time! Jon has a love for books, and remembers reading it, and wants to reread it. He loves everything about that book. He hasn't seen the movie so I need to introduce it to him, but last night we drove to the city to see the broadway show! 

And I was in awe!

Every child, and adult should see this show. Not because Jeff Daniels plays an excellent Atticus Finch but because how well written it was. Aaron Sorkin takes you on a rhythmic trip that you don't notice is happening. I laughed, and cried, and Jon and I didn't want the show to end. The meaning behind the show is relevant to what's going on in the world today. Race, justice, and equality is an important discussion to have with our children today. This show has come to the world at the right time and hope that it will travel to other cities for the world to see. It truly is one of the best pieces of theatre ever! Would love to take our kids next!! 


ALL RISE!

No comments:

Post a Comment