REPLY

Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Indie Bookstore Day In Brooklyn!



Over the weekend we spent our entire day in Brooklyn, and it was dreamy. The fact that it was Indie bookstore day made it worthwhile. We spent most of our day in Greenpoint which is near Williamsburg. We stopped by a couple of bookstores, and took advantage of the weather, and scenery and walked throughout the neighborhood only to spot beautiful blossom trees. We even spotted a box filled with books, and Noah and I began to fumble through it and he took a couple. Hey, when a sign reads free, take it! 


Chelsea and Jon were waiting for us in the car while we were lollygagging behind. Noah takes his sweet time in walking, and I love that about him. He's such an explorer, and loves to see the architecture of the buildings. This truly is a lovely neighborhood to walk in. 

We stopped by 'Word' where I finally purchased a signed book by Latonya Yvette titled Woman of Color. I was bummed when i wasn't able to attend her booksigning last month. It was the same time as Matthew Gublers book signing and because my kids love him, and the fact that he wrote a childrens book encouraged the kids to go even more. I am grateful that i got my hands on LaTonya's book, and that she gave me a little shout out on her IG story. She truly is an inspiration to Brooklyn, and has a way with words. I love her blog, and her style in fashion is simple, unworldly, and unique. I love how she mothers her kids especially when she adds dancing with them to the mix. She is a hip young mom, and I am proud of the young mother she has grown up to be with her talent in accomplishing her book. Woman of Color! Get it autographed at Word! 
Noah also had his moment of reading in the bookstore for a bit while I was taking pictures of the Word staff. If I lived in Brooklyn I wouldn't mind working here! 
Books are Magic is another indie bookstore in the area, and went in to browse. Noah went to town once again and read some more. I love the whole look of this place. It seems as if it's always crowded and I can see why. It truly is a cool bookstore!
We walked around some more until our feet wore out, and then we drove to this retro looking soda parlor. It is beautiful inside. Once upon a time it was a pharmacy in the 1920's, and is now converted into a modern day ice cream parlor. It still has a nostalgic feel of an old pharmacy, and it reminded me of the one I grew up with in Texas called Harrel's but this one is waaaaaay better looking! It's kid friendly with overpriced milkshakes, but overall it's worth coming here at least once, or twice!
It was a great family outing! It's also very rare that I take pictures with all of us, and I am so happy that we got one with Jon in it!! Thanks to the lady who took our picture! 


No comments:

Post a Comment