REPLY

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

40th annual academic awards banquet.

Sierra, 

Do you remember when I wrote this post? 

Well, as I was sitting at the awards banquet dinner last night listening to all the names that were being called out for scholarships I couldn't help but to think about the time that I was worrying about how we were going to pay for your college. Dad kept telling me not to worry, that it'll all work out. Now that the time has come for you to start college in the fall I'm not all that worried. And you know something?

Dad was right...it did work out.

After all the anticipation of deciding which college your were going to attend we were very pleased with the choice of school, and the scholarship that you received from UARTS as well as all the "extra" scholarships that you received last night. I can't even begin to tell you how happy we are for you. You have worked so hard to get to this point, and it shows in your academics. You sure have come a long way in your education, and I guarantee you it won't stop there!
When Ms. Petite got up there to introduce the Class of 2013 she said y'all are the cream of the crop. It was her first year being your new principal and she said that your class was the only one that made her feel welcomed and loved. 

Your generation rocks girl!  

I absolutely believe it, and Sierra...you are a part of that crop! There are so many friends of yours who received various scholarships, and can I just say how excited I was when you and the valedictorian of your class Michael were awarded the same scholarship. Where have you been hiding him? I had never seen him before until that night, and he's too cute. Smart too with a 4.75 GPA!! Wow!! 
Oh yeah, remember when you used to complain about writing research papers, and how I would tell you that you should love it because of your love for writing, and you said that it wasn't the same thing. In a way you were right because as much as I love to write I don't think I'll be writing any research papers any time soon unless it's something that interests me, and that I'm getting paid for it!  

Well, all those semi-daily complaints of staying up late doing homework, and studying for all those tests certainly paid off. 

And can you believe that you have done all this and more with waking up every morning at 5:00am for four years to attend early morning seminary?

I can! The Lord certainly has carried you through this for the past four years of your high school career! 

You go girl! 

I am so glad that I gave you a push every now and then to work harder. We are so proud of all the accomplishments you have made thus far, and the choices that you've made for the past four years in being who are... especially when it comes to friendships!
Dad and I are so excited for you, and you have so much to look forward too. You are nearing graduation and it looks like we have one more banquet left to go!
I will try not to worry anymore about finances because I have a very strong feeling that you are going to be taken care of, and with your knowledge, and beautiful personality you are going to succeed very well in this life.

We love you!

mom



No comments:

Post a Comment