REPLY

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

prayers & gratefulness.

image via deseret news
After reading about the tornado that occurred in Moore, Oklahoma last night I woke up this morning with a prayer in my heart not realizing how bad it was until I read all the devastation that happened. 

The images were disturbing, and it kind of reminded of the Oklahoma bombing. Although that was 20 times worse I still couldn't help of all the devastion that has been happening all over the country. 

Superstorms, tsunamis, and tornadoes seem prevalent these days. Mother nature's ability to create such havoc has become so powerful today, and when you see all the devastation firsthand it is humbling, and transitions you into an entire different being. 

It helps me to continue to live each day as if it were my last, and not worry about the littlest things such as Noah throwing rocks, and going through a phase of spitting. Or stressing over the big things such as making sure Sierra is going to be "financially" set" for college. 

I have a home with running water, a husband who works hard enough to provide us with the things we are in need of, two small children who love running in the park, and two teenagers who stand tall in their beliefs who make excellent grades in school. 

How grateful I am that our home wasn't destroyed by Super storm Sandy last year, and that my family in South Texas continue to stay safe. We never know when catastrophe is going to hit, and I pray that if a time comes when another disaster such as Sandy hits in any area that I will be with my family. 
If we happen to be separated I pray that where ever my husband and children are, that they will be surrounded in the arms of safety, shelter, and love. 

I pray. I pray. 

*****

On a brighter & grateful note, I am posting this video I made for my daughter on her 18th birthday this past weekend. It's a compilation of 18 years of her life in pictures. So thankful to her for who she is, and for who she will become. 

I have posted it on other social networks, but not directly on my blog, so for those of you who haven't seen it yet, or have already seen it, and & are not sick of it yet...enjoy.


Our baby is 18! from Rose Jorgensen on Vimeo.



No comments:

Post a Comment