REPLY

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

limited editions.

Pictures taken at the Forever 21 photo booth in Franklin Mills Mall, PA
I know I mentioned in a status on Facebook yesterday that this week is going to be all about Sierra, and it still is except that I am going to talk about the glorious mothers day weekend we all had as a family.

Especially with my daughters.

I love these girls. They truly do their very best in making me feel special not only on mothers day, but everyday. Ever since they learned what it means to love, serve, and fellowship has been a blessing in my eyes as a mother.

In Sierra's last year of spending Mother's Day with me (hopefully not) she and her sisters made breakfast in bed for me. They went all out in making me pancakes, scrambled eggs, and toast. Oh...Noah made the toast from what they said. This will be a nice ongoing tradition as Alexandra & Chelsea mentioned to me that they had fun doing this. They have never done this before, and I'm so happy that they did. 

It's a good thing we have church at 11:30am so I could take in all the love, and not rush eating, or getting dressed, and getting my little boy ready. I do pick out his clothes, but sometimes the girls or Jon will help him get dressed.

Church service never ceases to amazes me. We had two great speakers (no youth which was surprising), but nonetheless the wonderful talks they both gave were about their mothers, and it made me think of my own.

At the end of sacrament meeting the elders quorum handed every single sister (with or without children) a lovely rose.

I never realized how being a mom was going to feel like until I became one 17 years ago!! 

No matter how hard life may get as my children grow up with all the sacrifices we make for them, the laundry that piles up, the dirty dishes in the sink (i don't care for our dishwasher), the cheerios, goldfish, and fruit snacks that linger in between the cracks of the couch, and underneath the armoire on the floor, listening, and I mean really listening to my girls anytime they have something to talk about, the carpooling, and going to the park on a daily basis with Noah...being a mom is totally worth it.

And having Sierra as the oldest portraying a good example to her younger siblings is no disappoint. She is top notch, and is there for me when I need someone to talk to as well as helping me with Noah, and when Chelsea is being naughty. 

Sometimes I wish I had a medal for every good deed that my kids do. But then again...they don't need accolades of the world for me to show them that they are awesome!

After all..they are each a limited edition in their own right.

Just like their father.

I hope all of you had a beautiful weekend. Whether you have children or not you are still a mother. May you keep trucking along in all the things that you do with those kids, and that your heart is always full of hope, faith, and love. God bless you, and keep smiling! 

XO 

No comments:

Post a Comment