REPLY

Monday, May 13, 2013

mormon prom-senior edition.

One of the greatest things that I have taught my daughter is to love everyone unconditionally, accept those who feel unaccepted, forgive others, and to never exclude anyone no matter their race, gender, and religion. 

This year Sierra decided to take one of her dear friends to her mormon prom. Although he is not a member of the church he truly is one of the nicest boys we'll ever know. He is a gentleman, and is accepting of Sierra's knowledge with her belief of the LDS church, and where she stands as a person in holding true to her young women values. They are good friends, and I see that they have a wonderful friendship. 

I'm grateful for the way she stays true to all of her girlfriends inside, and outside of the church. Even though she may not see them very much because of distance & time, and the fact that senior year gets busy for everyone, she was happy to have seen all of these lovely young women.
**soul sisters**
**SENIORS**
When we first moved to New Jersey this lovely lady told me that Sierra reminded her of her only daughter. I was impressed because a compliment like that coming from such an amazing family whom I just met assured me that Sierra truly is a wonderful person. 

Soon after Sierra became great friends with her, and serving in the youth committee together last year was the icing on the cake. After seeing how sweet, and fellowshipping this young woman was, she too reminded me of Sierra. Personality, looks, the hair, big smile, and the bubbliness that they both exhibited. The example of this sweet girl grew on Sierra even more. Sierra will always remember her example of kindness. Now she's happily married & she & her hubby are both attending BYU. 

I am so proud of Sierra, and the way she holds herself as a virtuous, lovely daughter of God. She is one of my greatest gifts that He handed to me 17 years ago! The greatest gifts she has given me for every mothers day since she turned 12 is having that pure love of Christ grow & prosper, and to never forget who she is.  

Being different is what makes her such a special, unique individual, and that is one of the many reasons why I love her. The light that she portrays is that of the Savior, and she is always willing to share that  light of love that Heavenly Father puts in her path with others. 
She truly is something else, and I'm so happy that she brought JC along with her so that he can see the other side of her life. 

Here are links to her past church proms:

No comments:

Post a Comment