REPLY

Friday, May 31, 2013

fun day.

At the end of each school year the kids at their elementary school have what you call "fun day". They have these bouncy houses and slides, and even though this event wasn't like your average carnival, you know... the ones with the fancy rides, cotton candy, and caramel corn. These kids had a blast! Just check Chelsea out here on vine trucking her way through this slide.
It was hotter than blazes yesterday, and the weather in Jersey already feels like summer! It was so hot that Chelsea kept drinking water every ten minutes! That was good because after all the bouncing she was doing I'd say she worked up a thirst! It's a good thing she kept hydrated, because I saw a few kids who seemed worn out from too much activity. I hope they were drinking lots of water! 
I don't know where these kids get their energy. They stop and rest sweating like little pigs, and then they stand in line again to recharge their batteries so they can release more energy! How exhausting that would be for me! I'd have to train myself to have the stamina like them as I once did when I was their age. 
As the hour was drawing to a close I have to admit I was a bit relieved. I blame myself because I didn't bring any hats for us, and Noah was getting hot & tired. Even though it was only for an hour I still should have remembered to bring a hat! 

Luckily there was a little shade underneath some trees where I managed to get some last minute pics of some of my favorite people. 

Chelsea's teacher this year has been a dream, and she is truly amazing.
Ms. Matz
Sometimes I wish the same teacher could teach my child every year throughout elementary school, but I think that would be extra work & education on the teacher not to mention boring for the little kids. Having different teachers each year is exciting to have, and our girls have been so blessed with great elementary teachers here in Jersey.
neighborhood friends-Mikey
two sweaty little girls-Isabella
with little brother underneath the hot sun 
Although Noah didn't get to play inside the bouncy slides with his sister (which is probably a good thing because those kids could easily squash him) he managed to go down the slide with papa, and boy did he LOVE it! It's official..we are going to have a bouncy slide for Noah's fourth b'day (that is if isn't too cold!)
Jon and I had a really nice time volunteering and helping out with the kids. I didn't care how hot it was going to be on this day. I always want to be a good sport in participating & volunteering at Chelsea's school.
And we had a blast! 

Stay cool, and happy weekend to you and yours! 

No comments:

Post a Comment