REPLY

Friday, May 3, 2013

Phillies vs. Marlins

When you have four children five years apart you always want to find equal time with all of them. I swear we have more date nights with our children than with ourselves. Luckily Jon and I have the best friendship, and our communication is excellent. We talk about everything! So sometimes our date nights are pushed back a week or two so that we can spend time individually with each child.

Tonight was Alexandra's night, and we all went to a Phillies game. She and her middle school band get invited every year to play the National Anthem for the Phillies. She plays the keyboard, and you can see them playing here, and they all sounded great.
I wasn't able to record her last year because we didn't know that the parents of those who are in the band can go down to the field to watch and record the band play. We did just that! If we could have only stayed in the seats where we stood we would of had a closeup of the game, and possibly be seen on the big screen catching a foul ball. 

When they played the Mets last year we sat up in the nosebleeds and that wasn't so bad. No matter how high up we sat we still had a good view of the game. We saw a wedding proposal on the big screen, and many many come here for their birthdays. This was my time to let loose by cheering, clapping, and singing "take me out to the ballgame", and it was a lot of fun! I can't wait until Noah is older so that he can actually have fun, and understand the meaning behind baseball.
I'm grateful when opportunities like this come along in our community for our children because it gives us the time to spend with our child. I count my blessings for having them five years apart because when one graduates college, one will be graduating high school, etc. etc., and that's fine with me. I'll always have a "free" babysitter when we take their siblings out. It was totally meant to be that way, and I love it!
I can tell my girls all love when they have one and one quality time with us, and we really enjoy, and take in every moment spent with our kids. This is one thing I'll miss when Sierra heads off to college.

That's another story.

Happy weekend!

P.S. The Phillies won! 

No comments:

Post a Comment