REPLY

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

our days with the grandparents.

I love our family. I love my husbands family...especially when my in laws come for a visit. They have really made effort after effort into visiting us so much since we moved to the east, and I want them to know that I appreciate their time, money, and those hours sitting on the plane because when you start getting up there in age, (not that their old because being in your 60's is still young to me) I know it's not that easy. 

They always go out of their way to accommodate us instead of us accommodating them. They always want to make sure our needs are being met, and that we have enough food in the fridge. Having four children makes for a lot of meals, and snacks which I hardly ever buy because they will be eaten within a week! Grandparents are the key when it comes to snacks because they spoiled these kiddos with dark chocolate icing spread in between graham crackers. You should eat them after they have been sitting for an hour. They are deliciously moist! 

I've never been one to cry too much when family leaves. I think the fact of being away from them for too long has caused me to be numb, but in a good way. To me it means that I have learned to be strong, and independent when it comes to feelings of emotion.  Not that I'm an affectionate person because being Latina I am! Hello...tears streamed down my face as we were watching our firstborn graduate from high school! I also cry when something so spiritually strong touches me. It's just that when family comes and visit I want my reaction to be as if I had just seen them last week!

I love their personalities. My mother in law is so personable, and I can see she really enjoys herself when she is visiting family. I love her attitude. She is a good example when it comes to living life. She has learned and grown so much (me too) since I joined her family almost 19 years ago. I am learning a lot from her, and when I'm her age I would like to be like her. I only wish I had her sewing & cooking talents! Seriously though, her and Jay are always comfortable in our neck of the world, and it's amazing. They are extroverts through and through, and I can see where Jon gets his outgoing personality from. That is one of the many reasons why I married him!

The four days we spent with them were too short. We tried to make them count. I felt bad because Sierra still had school while they were visiting, but luckily they had three other grandkids to keep them entertained...especially Noah & Chelsea. It's always the smaller children that lean towards grandma & grandpa more. Sierra & Lexie enjoyed talking to grandma as if she was one of their girlfriends, and Lexie had fun doing crossword puzzles with grandpa.  

Having a BBQ in our little backyard, going to a pre-graduation party for the Harrison brothers, attending Sierra's graduation and our day trip to Philly spent with them was the best! We had fun in Philly, and toured around the city. 
We had lunch at the Reading Terminal Market, and although they might have been a bit overwhelmed as they walked in, they loved the fact that there were so many delicacies to choose from. 
They saw Sierra's school, and the dorms that she might be staying in. They are cute row houses in a quaint spot in center city. I recorded some of our moments in the city, and might make a video at a later date, but all you'll see right now will be still pictures so I hope you enjoy them! 


Love this mural on the wall. There are so many different murals all over the city.
Every trip that we make to Philly is always fun, but this one was extra special.
They truly are the best grandparents/in-laws anyone can ever ask for, and I want them to know that I appreciate them so very much! Thanks for coming, and supporting us on this glorious occasion! 

No comments:

Post a Comment