REPLY

Friday, June 28, 2013

child, thank you for teaching me patience.

God knew exactly what he was doing when he brought Chelsea down into the world to join our family eight years ago. She is full of spunk, wittiness, and a lot of sassiness. She's 100 % dad, and 100% me, and I wouldn't exchange her for anything in the world.

The fact that she is the youngest girl in the family helps her get away with things...sometimes. Being the only one in the family (besides her dad) with naturally straight hair and a double crown on the top makes her even more unique.

And very special.

The minute we found out Chelsea was a girl I immediately knew that she was going to be unlike her sisters. The way my moods were when I carried her, the fact that she was one day overdue, a breeched baby who flipped in my uterus at the last minute which resulted in an emergency c-section, and born on her sister Alexandra's birthday meant that she wanted to be the center of attention.

Because she always wants to be the center of attention.

But this girl, she is awesome in her own right.

Frankly because she speaks her mind in the most polite way possible. She is very caring, and helpful and every teacher that she has had since preschool tells me she is their cheerleader, and 'mom' of the class. Always looking out for the smaller kids, protective, and extra helpful.

Sometimes I wonder, and I'll joke around with her present teacher and say, "really?" 

Then again I know how my daughter is. She may be a little sassy, and demanding at home because she is in her comfort zone, but in public she is the complete opposite. She can be quite the samaritan. Very kind, respectful, and mindful towards others. If she wasn't like that outside of the home then there would be some issues of concern, and I would have to find a way to change that..or at least try. 

Sometimes I wonder if I gave birth to her first would I have had more. Honestly...probably not. The way my patience was 18 years ago I probably would have gone into major depression. Who knows. Luckily my first two daughters had a talent of obedience the minute they came out of my womb. The Lord definitely knew what He was doing, and I thank him for giving me two children to teach me how to be patient, and to have somewhat mastered it when Chelsea was born...somewhat meaning I'm still working on it!  

She's just like her sisters in the aspect of being sociable, and she'll be the first one to say hello to another child, or adult. She is fearless when it comes to making new friends, and will say the funniest things.

She is gifted when it comes to piano. She obviously takes after her older sisters, and even though she and her baby brother Noah have a love/hate relationship...there's a lot more love involved.

Her generation is pretty awesome, and I actually look forward to this girl growing up, (and more gray hairs), and it'll be interesting to see what she'll be like ten years from now. 

Very interesting.

I have a feeling she's going to do wonderful things in this life, and become someone great! 

Because she already is. 

*****

Chelsea,  

Thank you for your tantrums, loud cries, and the little things you do that you know will push my buttons, because child...they are teaching me to be patient! 

You are amazing, and I'm so glad I had you! 

xo-

mom



No comments:

Post a Comment