REPLY

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

a be-lated fathers day post.

As I was surfing Facebook this past weekend reading the statuses of various friends, and bloggers online wishing their fathers a happy Fathers day the look on my face would go from a frown to a smile. 

Reading all the wonderful things that were written with pictures of their fathers those frowns turned upside down...into a smile. Especially when I saw a collage of pictures that my own daughter made with her dad. 

As I was looking at her picture gratitude filled my soul, and I no longer felt sadness. I realized that even though I don't have a father in my life right now because my own left us when I was about six, and two of my stepfathers have passed away I have realized that I do have "father figures" in my life. They may not be blood, but some of them are the best dads I have ever met.

So many of these women who wrote things about their fathers, and husbands brings such sweetness into this life. How wonderful it is to have more that one amazing man in their life.

Me...I have to say I have three. My husband, his pa, and in a spiritual sense...my Heavenly Father. I have realized that Heavenly Father has a significant role in my life. I rely on Him so much in all that I do on a daily basis. I rely on Him to give me faith and hope in all things. I rely on Him in prayer to be a better wife, and mother, and overall a good person. He's the way in all of my living, and there is not a day that goes by where I thank Him every morning in waking up each day alive and well to greet my loved ones. 

Especially my husband. 
In the temporal world Jon works hard, prays hard, and is the most amazing person you'll ever meet. I am so grateful that my kids have a father who has stuck around for the past 18 years, and I know that he will be here for many more. He's also the goofiest! 

Oh...did i mention he is also a good cook, and a pro at grilling? I know it was Fathers day and all, but he insisted on grilling fajitas with all the fixings outside with our little smokey joe. 
And you know what...they were amazingly delicious. Don Pablos, Chipotle, and any other mexican restaurant out there, look out because this gringo can cook. 

This was also a sneak peek at what will be served at Sierra's graduation party next weekend! 

Hope everyone had a nice Father's day weekend and a happy Tuesday to y'all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment