REPLY

Friday, June 21, 2013

to sierra on your graduation day.

"All who have accomplished great things have had a great aim, have fixed their gaze on a goal which was high...one which sometimes seemed impossible."
~Orison Swett Marden

I can't believe that in just a few hours you are going to graduate high school with honors. I am so proud of all your accomplishments that you have done throughout your life, and I know that it won't stop here. 

From taking your first breath when you came out of my body, to hearing your first cry. From learning how to walk, and talk saying your first words (mama & dada), and other words that include please, thank you, no (my least favorite), and my favorite phrase..."I love you mommy"

In learning how to pray, seeing your first dance recital, and realizing that you could sight read at the age of six. Coming to terms in knowing that you have an innate talent on playing the piano when you were just six years old blew me and your dad away. From your first piano recital, and all of those huge accomplishments in between that seem small such as getting your first certificate in 1st grade for reading so many books in one month was inspiring. 

Those are amazing accomplishments girl, and I know that you are going to become someone even more amazing. I have a feeling that you will be known for your talents, and for being your beautiful self.  

Be strong. 

There will be times when "life" will want to take you on a downward spiral, and ruin your beliefs in accomplishing your goals. Don't ever lower your standards for anyone. Adversity will want to take over as the main source in your everyday living, and want to destroy all that is good. Don't let it. I pray that you will never allow the world to pull you down, but at times when you feel that it is take deep breaths, ponder, and kneel to God in prayer. And know that I will be praying for you, and with you from afar in spirit. 

You shine like the stars on a crisp, clear night, and your smile is as bright as the sun. Keep shining, and smiling, and your dreams will take you to places you have never been.  

Believe that! 

I love you girlie, and congratulations on a job well done! 

xo-mama

No comments:

Post a Comment