REPLY

Saturday, June 15, 2013

the chilliest morning walk.

So Jon has had a lot of time off on his hands this past week in the mornings so we've decided to go on early morning walks with Noah. I'm grateful that the sun starts rising at about 6:30 in the morning so that we can head out before the girls get to school. Now that school is almost over we can go on our walks a little bit later in the morning.

Yesterday we woke up to what felt like fall. The weather was chilly, and I was ready to head out when I went back inside only to get a sweater and a hoodie for Noah. Jon was all cool, and like, "It's not that cold". Okay Utah boy I get that you are used to cold weather, but I have acclimated to this weather in Jersey where when it's 50 degrees in the morning...I'm cold, and I need a sweater! Blame it on the morning dew which I love!

And then the sun grew warm, and I was like...I'm hot! I took that sweater off quick!  

I love it when Jon and I have these moments together...alone. Well, not really alone because Noah is with us, but we can talk about a lot of things without the girls interrupting us. This gives us a chance to talk privately about anything and everything. I mean there are certain things you don't want your kids to hear you know. 

Luckily Noah was enthralled at the scenery as we walked down the path. Sceneries such as a dead rat on the pavement, squirrels scattering through the grass, and up the trees. He would point out at every little bug he can set eyes on. Looking at the birds, and butterflies flying across the way were his favorite.
He's a nature boy through and through, and loves being pushed around in his stroller. I think those distractions prevented him from listening to our conversation. 

It sure was a beautiful day, and I look forward for many more of these walks with my sweet family, and some with just Jon and I. Sometimes you just need to be alone with your hubby.

I also want to wish a Happy Father's Day to my wonderful husband who is just pure awesomeness. Thanks for all the love, and for being a great friend...you're always there when I need you! 
Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment