REPLY

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

it is always up to me.

Yesterday was a blah kind of day with grey skies, and rainy weather. Stumbling upon this quote in the wee hours of the morning was something that I needed to hear, and I am making this into a sign so that I can be reminded of it every day. 

Sarah was speaking to me as I was reading her post. I wish I would have seen this quote yesterday because I sure could of have used the inspiration. Noah and I were having an iphone kind of day, and wasn't on the computer at all. I actually let Noah play games on my iPhone because I don't want him to think that he can be on the mac all day long playing games. Although the games he plays are educational like learning shapes, and learning how to spell on the endless alphabet app I still don't want him to get hooked. So it's days like today where I just wanted to cuddle with him. I didn't get very good sleep this past weekend or last night, (i really need to lay off the caffeine) and don't want to be grump to my little boy.

Because there are days when I have been, and I don't want to take out any kind of negativity on any of my kids especially our little boy. He is sweet, and innocent and luckily he reminds me of that innocence when he is surrounded by his sisters. They all treat him with kindness, and give him so much love and support. They are mini moms to him, and I can't even begin to emphasize how grateful I am when they are there to help me with him.

I am so glad I read this quote because although it's poignant, it's so common. I am fueled with so much energy by my children, and time passes by so quickly that I don't want to take any of them for granted. Days I spend with them are precious and what little time I have left with Sierra is limited. I need to be a kinder, less stressed mom, and not allow hurtful words to come out of my mouth.
Alexandra's FHE lesson also helped me as well. It taught me to surround myself more with goodness. We all want goodness in our life whether it's friends, or things that are going to help me be a good example to others. Sometimes we are so blind that we don't see the goodness that is right underneath our nose. Our children. My kids are my goodness, and they are the fire that light up my world whether I'm grumpy, or happy. 

You know how some of us say, "at the end of the day what matters is......" Well, I never looked at this way, & although it does matter how we end our day I also realized the importance in how our day begins as well.  

It's up to me to make every day joyful with goodness, and love not only at the end of the day, but to start the day off with pure love in the beginning. 

1 comment:

  1. I actually use HTML coding to change the size of my photos, so it's pretty involved. I'm assuming you've already clicked on your photos in draft mode & used those buttons to manipulate your photos?

    ReplyDelete