REPLY

Saturday, January 7, 2012

65 degrees in January

I didn't want to spend this beautiful day cooped up in the house so while Sierra was at a youth council leadership meeting I gathered the rest of the kiddos, and headed out to the park.

The weather has been quite 'abnormal' for January. This time last year it was about 35 degrees with a lot of snow on the ground. Even though I have been going through withdrawal without having any snow... I have to admit I enjoyed the 65 degree weather today. Weather like this in early January is going to attract a lot of people to venture outdoors, and the park was sure crowded today!
I normally don't like going when it's crowded, but I was actually okay with it. We managed to avoid those children who are rambunctious, wild, and crazy! There are a few kids who don't know how to take turns, or are courteous as to saying 'excuse me', but we let that slide. Chelsea minded her manners (and so did I), and we had fun anyway.  I do love interacting with other moms, and it gives Chelsea an opportunity to play with other kids besides her sibs.

 She was excited to wear her capris again, and go across the monkey bars without having to wear fingerless gloves.
 Noah fell asleep on the way to the park, and while he was sleeping Lexie decided to stay in the van to do some sudoku by hand.
So it was just Chelsea and I enjoying the outdoors. (I was taking pictures of course.)
This weather sure brought out everyone today, and I'm sure it's going to last well into the week. 
We would still like some snow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment