REPLY

Thursday, November 13, 2014

It's a Beautiful Season Of Gratitude.

Having a house that is 1500 sq feet has its pros and cons. Cons because it can get a little too crowded where everyone can hear everything, and see what everyone is doing, hence sometimes getting on each others nerves, and pros because it can be the most coziest and intimate setting to a family. I personally choose the latter, and for the past six and a half years of living in this "cape cod" style house of ours we have made it a heaven on earth, and a place where our  kids can home to feel safe, comfortable, and loved. 

This time of year brings a lot of cozy moments into our home. Cozy because fall is officially in full swing. This is a period where the girls begin to play Christmas music on the piano, and sing like crazy people. This is a  time where I don't mind all of us sitting down on the couch watching a hallmark movie, or reading a book while the kids are entertaining themselves doing crafts, coloring, or  playing "restaurant" where Noah's the waiter, and Chelsea's the cook, and if Lexie's home, well...she pretends to eat the fake food! Right now with school still in session Noah and I have all the time in the world to do things together during the day, and as much as I would like to sit down to catch up on my reading, and my journal writing, I make the choice to pull myself in the direction of a beating heart. Not mine, but my children, and my focus is all on them. I have long since realized that time quickly flies when your raising teenagers, and now even toddlers. Especially when I see my 19 year old daughter making decisions on her own, and praying that they will be wise ones. Yep...the days just keep passing by way too quick for me these days especially for this little munchkin who just turned five, and you know what that means. 
Once they turn five, time seems to fly by even quicker and the next thing you know they're in kindergarten! Therefore spending time with him during the day is my priority, and sometimes my selfishness tends to creep out even more these days. I don't allow him too much "alone time" entertaining himself because this is the time where time with our little ones should be cherished. There are days when I look at him and thank my lucky stars because for the past five years he hasn't broken a bone in his body, gotten too many boo boos, or overall cause me any major stress & I'm extremely thankful for those blessings. I think having three sisters has helped him not get hurt too bad because they spoil him & treat him like a little prince. They aren't rough with him except maybe for Chelsea who can provoke, poke, and egg him at times, but luckily there have never been no trips to the e.r., or major punishments for serious drama. I thank the girls for loving him and expressing kindness to him more than any kind of resentment. He's as sweet as they come packaged with hugs, kisses, and a lot of  "I love you's, I'm sorry's mixed in with "don't spank my butt." 
At times I'll reflect back on the time spent raising the girls (including Sierra who is not pictured in the photo above) at this age, and never want to see them as the "lost years." I chose to be a stay at home mom for the simple reason of "time", and I'm extremely grateful for the opportunity that I have had for the past 14 years to be a "stay at home mom" with my kids.  I love them all, and this time of year gives me many opportunities to express my gratitude towards them. Thanking the Lord for sending them down to me one by one to nurture, guide, protect, and love them. Even when they're 20, 30, even 40 years old I want them to know that I'll be there for them to give advice, and continue to love them. This time of year is very sentimental to me, but also a very happy time. It reminds me to be kind, and give thanks in all that I do, and for all that I have. This is such a beautiful season of "life" not only because of how nature shows herself off with beautiful colored leaves, and cooler temperatures, but because it is a time for family get togethers, and expressing gratitude in all things! And I always want my kids to know that no matter how old they are that they will always have a "heavenly" home to come home to...no matter what! 

No comments:

Post a Comment