REPLY

Friday, January 9, 2015

Noah-isms

My life seems to be flashing by way too quickly before my eyes especially when it comes to this kid. I've been raising this sweet, fun, and sometimes crazy boy of mine for five years now, and I'm still trying to figure out if the things he does, and says is just a boy thing, or that he's very unique. One thing for sure is that he is extremely different from his sisters, and that's okay by me! I mean...aren't they supposed to be??

Since the new year began he has been getting up way too early, and that's probably a good thing since he'll be starting school in the fall. Definitely best if he starts waking up early and not sleeping in. Although he and Chelsea but heads every now and then they truly are two peas in a pod. He's so lovable, gives endless kisses, hugs, and the sweetest looks. He continues to say the darnedest things, but is getting a little better at saying them without being too bold (most of the time!) 

The other day a friend of mine commented on the photo above, and told me how she'd like to adopt him, and how much I need him not only to keep me on my toes (in other words alive & busy), but to keep me young. 

And you know something...she's so right. 

He definitely keeps me on my toes, and I love being home will him all day. The weather can be 15 degrees outside with sunshine, or 30 degrees with no sunshine, and no matter how demanding my days can be, and how gloomy the weather can get, I still manage to keep my spirits high. Drinking Dr. Pepper, hot chocolate, and lots of popcorn helps too! 

With Noah growing up like Jack's beanstalk his words, and sentences are becoming quite extensive and thoroughly clear. It's a good thing because he'll be starting school this fall. Ever since the year began he has been making us laugh on occasion with the things he's been saying. Even though his sentences are pretty clear there are times when we have to correct him to say the right word. For example...he'll continually say "ax" instead of "ask". I think it's an east coast thing because I hear a lot of people saying "ax" instead of "ask" around here.  

Such as, "Mommy, can you ax Chelsea to stop reading on my bed, and to read on her own bed!" I laughingly respond, "No Noah, I'm not going to ax your sister!" He then looks at me with a weird look, and laughs! See what I mean. Seriously need to correct his grammar sometimes.

Here are some of the things that I've jotted down that Noah has said as of late...

^^^^^
While writing our thank you cards for Christmas I asked Noah to draw a heart next to his name, and he says... "I want to draw a triangle, a square, and a cylinder first. Now I'll draw a heart."
^^^^^
One of his aunts gifted him a lego kit for Christmas, and because the pieces are so small he's been having a hard time pulling them apart with his hands. I caught him trying to pull them apart with his teeth, scolded him for doing so and he said, "Mommy, my fingers are too small, and my thumbs are little so I have to pull the legos apart with my teeth!" 

^^^^^
You know how when we feel we've had enough to eat we'll say, "I'm stuffed", or "I'm full". Well Noah will say, "Mommy, the cereal not making my tummy feel good." The waffle not making my tummy feel good." The chicken not making my tummy feel good." I always wondered why he'd say that after eating his food, and for a moment I thought that it was because it was making him sick. It's then when I realize that he's just stuffed & that those  are his words  replacing, "My tummy is full." Of course we are teaching him to say "I'm full", but he continues to say it the way he normally says it, and we'll let it go for now.
It sounds so cute, and I know that eventually his grammar will improve even more as he grows older while correcting him, and of course when he starts school. 

And my favorite Noahism...

Absolutely nothing goes unnoticed in this kids eyes, and when he saw that all his sisters were back together again over the holiday break singing, acting goofy, and playing piano, guitar, and violin he said, "I want to be a singer mommy. I want to rock like my sisters." 
That's my little man! 

For now...I'm enjoying his words, sentences, and all the things he does, and puts me through on a daily basis because like my girlfriend says...he does keep me young at heart! 



No comments:

Post a Comment