REPLY

Friday, January 2, 2015

Bring Out The Old, Bring In The New & Be Better.

There's something about the new year that wants you to do better. We ring out the old & bring in the new. We tend to prepare for the next holiday. We take our tree down on New Year's Day. For me Spring cleaning comes early. We look through some of our clothes & if we haven't worn some of them in the past two years we donate it. It never fails that when I take the tree down, put all the decorations away & put the tree on the curb that I want to do more. I not only want to clean my whole house after sweeping up the pine needles, I also want to clean up my life, and be better.

We always say that we want to change something about ourselves such as eating more healthy, exercising consistently, & have a better attitude, but most of the time...for some of us, it falls through.

And that's okay. 

No one is perfect & as long as we are breathing air in this lifetime we'll never be. But what we can do is be better. I want to better in keeping it cool with my family. I don't always want to be raising my voice when my two youngest children get in a pow wow. I don't want to lecture my older daughters too much, about petty things, and coddle them. I want them to be strong. I don't want to take my hard working husband for granted. I want to call my mom more often, & write more letters. I want to be strong and rid myself of the ones that bring me down, and don't allow others to walk all over me. I do however, always want to be around for those who need my help, and at the same time hope they appreciate me. 

Sometimes we have to let go of the things that prevent us from moving forward to a light of happiness. Sometimes we have to allow our children to make decisions on their own so that they can learn for themselves, and experience things that will either benefit them, and/or teach them to learn the hard way. 

I personally love it when a new year begins. It makes me feel renewed, refreshed, and gets me excited for the change of season. The only thing I'm beginning to dislike a lot when the new year begins is the fact that my kids are growing older. 

But that's okay. 

Because we are all in this together. 

To grow more spiritually. To love more unconditionally. To learn more together. To appreciate each other. To help one another. To try a little harder. Work a little harder. To be more kind, generous, loving, and honest. To genuinely be ourselves, and be real. To slow down, and relax. To be more faithful in all things.

And I mean all things. 

Some of these things are hard to keep, but if we try a little harder bit by bit every day...I know we can do it. By surrounding ourselves with goodness, and choosing to be cheerful our days can be better. Therefore helping us to be better. 

This is my New Years wish for my family & goal not only for 2015, but for many years to come. 

Happy New Year to us...and YOU! 

"Don't be the same. Be better."

No comments:

Post a Comment