REPLY

Friday, November 3, 2017

An Encouraging Post to Myself When It Comes To Attending The Temple.



 "Jesus lives here. He's so lucky." -Noah



It has been a couple of months since I've gone to the temple, and as I was finally importing some photos from my iPhone I stumbled upon this one. I will always remember what Noah said as we stopped to take another good look at this beautiful temple. He said, "Jesus lives here. He's so lucky." He also added how he wishes he could come here every day.

I  don't feel so bad when two or three weeks have gone by and I haven't been to the temple, but when it goes to two months I can't help but to feel a bit guilty. Guilty because I haven't gone since school started. It has been a pretty busy school year so far with tennis season (which is now over), and the fact that our van was in the shop for a while didn't help. There are not many people I can go with in our church during the day because of work, and those who do usually cancel on me, and that's okay. I have long since realized that I cannot wait for someone to invite me to go to the temple, and that I should just go on my own. I told Jon the other day that I am going to make it a major priority to attend at least once or twice a month. I absolutely have no excuse not to go unless I don't have transportation, or am super sick. I know that we can gain inspiration, and feel peace in other ways, but for me regularly attending the temple the feeling of peace comes easier for me. I know that by going to the temple all challenges are easy to deal with, and any trial I have makes it easier to bear. That I can be a better, and more patient person with everyone, and that the Lord will bless us. I know this because while living in Utah I attended the temple every single week, and although I had my share of issues life was always good. Always good. I miss that, and now that we have a temple 45 minutes away I want to get back into attending more. 




My mother in law gave me this book for my birthday, and I just barely started reading it. It talks about when we go to the temple to "prepare not only to go to the temple, but to be in it as well." Meaning being there, and understanding why we go, and to pay attention to the symbols inside the temple as to what they symbolize. This book has been a learning experience for me in recognizing the true meaning of the temple symbols. My favorite is the tree of life! Every time I attend the temple I usually observe, and try to recognize the symbols inside. I have, but I never thought twice about paying more attention to it, or why they are there. I am so thankful that my momma in law gave this to me because it truly does give me a peaceful feeling, and I know that by truly recognizing and knowing what the temple is all about will bring Christ's spirit closer to my heart. So far it has helped me appreciate the doctrine of atonement of Christ even more.

When you get older, and have growing adult children trials seem to come down like rain for us, but it's okay. It's okay because we have been down that road sooooooo many times in our married life! I have also learned that the older I get the more passionate I become when it comes to the temple, and finding ways to become closer to Christ. This is something I am teaching my children too. To help them appreciate the doctrine of the atonement of Christ. Whether they are seven or 17, going to the temple is special, but to know why we attend is even more meaningful. Even if it's just to stand outside to look at the beautiful architecture like we did that night when the temple was closed. It is meaningful, and it brought so much joy to my little boy that night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment