REPLY

Monday, November 13, 2017

Noah's Baptism!

"Yes, mothers, teach your children the gospel in your home, at your own fireside. This is the most effective teaching that your children will ever receive. This is the Lord’s way of teaching. The Church cannot teach like you can. The school cannot. The day-care center cannot. But you can, and the Lord will sustain you. Your children will remember your teachings forever, and when they are old, they will not depart from them. They will call you blessed--their truly angel mother. Mothers, this kind of heavenly, motherly teaching takes time--lots of time. It cannot be done effectively part-time. It must be done all the time in order to save and exalt your children. This is your divine calling."
-Ezra Taft Benson

This past Saturday our favorite boy chose to be baptized, and what a lucky kid he was. He was surrounded by familiar faces who once held him when he was literally a baby. It truly was a special morning to have celebrated it with friends we have known for years, and with family who trekked all the way from Utah especially big sister Sierra, grandma, and grandpa!
It truly was bittersweet watching my last baby get baptized. My girlfriend wasn't kidding when she tole me I'd cry on this day. I balled like a baby. To know that Noah chose this for himself without me forcing him brings me great joy. That tells me that I must be doing something right hence the quote at the beginning of this post.
Noah's service was simple, and sweet. We had the elder missionaries give a talk on baptism, and had Lexie gave a talk on the Holy Ghost. I am so glad these two were chosen to give these talks because they were focused on the spirit of what baptism is, and the confirmation ordinances.
We had friends fill out these little note cards with kind thoughts so Noah can look back on them, and remember.
I love how the girls got together to get their craft on. They peeled off the labels from water bottles to replace them with construction paper that read "it's great to be 8." The girls had a lot of fun doing that for their baby bro.
Noah especially loved this candy gram that was given to him from Suzie, and her family.
It truly was a special morning. I felt as if I was back in Cherry Hill seeing that most of those who showed up were from my old ward. Such a blessing to see this special boy be so loved by so many! Thanks to everyone who came!






No comments:

Post a Comment