REPLY

Friday, November 17, 2017

Inspirational Thought - Childhood.

"Somehow, in our hurry to steer our children toward accomplishment and independence 
we seem to have forgotten what childhood is all about. 

Preoccupied with managing their lives, and our own, it is so easy to lose sight of our children-their tenderness and innocence, their joyousness, their capacity of wonder, their hunger of enchantment. 

A touch of magic can reawaken the childlike spirit in all of us allowing us to revisit, for a time, the secret realm of childhood." 
-Katrina Kenison, 
Mitten Strings for God
 
This is one book that I'll re-read over and over again, and although I bought it when Noah was an infant it is one of my favorite books to read. As a mother I need reminders, and ways to find peace within myself, and how to be when it comes to raising, and teaching my kids. This book is a huge reminder for me to remember my true role as a mom. To never desire for my kids to grow up, and leave the nest. Oh no, I want to savor every waking moment with them. No matter how old they are while still living under our roof I want them to remember the happy times, and "time." Time that I gave to spend with each of them. To remember that being busy never played a major role in our lives, and if it did-that we always, always found balance, and made time for the important things. 
That while being an adult in parenting, we were also having fun with it. 
Just as a little child would. 




No comments:

Post a Comment