REPLY

Thursday, March 29, 2018

Easter In San Antonio,Texas- Circa, 2003

Since Lexie is graduating from high school this year (she's the little one with the ear to ear grin on her face) I was looking through some of her scrapbooks, and organizing her photos by year on the computer, and look what I found! Easter photos with her big sis from the time we lived in San Antonio. And boy is there a short tale to tell....

Living in San Antonio was pretty cool, and brought us both challenges, and joyful moments. There is a reason why we moved back twice, and the second time was definitely a charm. It was the time we finally got our act together with ourselves as a couple, and with God. It was the time we made the trek back to Utah to be closer to family, and be sealed in the temple as an eternal family.  

It was the time where I decided that the Easter bunny will no longer be a part of our traditional easter, and that our focus will be on teaching our girls the story of Christ's resurrection, and all that happened leading to his crucifixion. It was the time where our testimonies, and convictions with The Lord became stronger. It was the time where we took His holy house seriously, and became more active with the church I converted to. It was the time I somewhat became fearless in sharing the gospel no matter what. 

It was the time where I became a better a mother to my two little girls. 

Easters in San Antonio were always simple, and because we had no family around pretty much did our own thing. Sundays were our picnic days, and because Texas weather was always so cooperative always ventured outside. One fun tradition we have, and one that I will never stop doing is making cascarones (confetti eggs.) The girls always had fun making those, and cracking them on our heads. Their homemade easter baskets would always be filled with good books, and candy. I always made sure that I added a book to the mix. 

Here a few photos from that time, and man have we all changed, and grown up! Kids included! 
Definitely focusing on the joyful moments, but never forgetting the challenges that made us stronger in mind, and spirit. I don't think we'll ever move back to Texas, but I will always treasure the memories we left behind in San Antonio with our two little girls. 

Always. 


No comments:

Post a Comment