REPLY

Thursday, March 1, 2018

Noah Earns His Wolf Badge!

Since joining cub scouts five months ago Noah has worked hard on completing all the requirements needed to earn his Wolf badge, and last night during the Blue and Gold banquet he received it! Some of these requirements required little effort which was pretty easy for him to achieve, but at the same time make sure that as he is completing them that he also understands as to why he is doing them. 

I also love that our boys ages 8-11 have a program  in our church called Duty to god as well. It's similar to personal progress for the girls, and I love that they have requirements that help them throughout their young life to fulfill before they turn 12. I know that the things they learn while doing these "duties" in Duty To God will help them spiritually in their later years.  
My favorite part of this moment in scouts is when Noah earns a badge is when he pins the "mothers pin" on my blouse. You can see the joy in my face as he was pinning the first pin I got in our first meeting. It's a big deal to me! Y'all have to remember that Noah is my only boy, and my only scout so not only does this program mean something to him, it means a lot to me as well. 
We are so proud of this kid. He is as sweet as they come, and when it's time to go to scouts he is always excited to go. He looks forward to Wednesdays so he can hang out with his fellow cub scouts, and see what else he is going to learn. 



No comments:

Post a Comment