REPLY

Thursday, March 8, 2018

Nor'easter!

When everyone woke up yesterday the first question we all asked each other was, "where is this snowstorm everyone is talking about", and "is this why they cancelled school for?" We were expecting to wake up with a ton of snow on the ground, and there literally was only half an inch dusting of snow on the grass, and within two hours it was all gone.

Well, 12 hours later at about 12:30 in the afternoon the snow started to come down, and boy did it come down! The kids lately are pretty much over the snow, and in all honesty want winter to be over, but then that magic kicks in, and we all wanted to go outside to see how much snow fell, and do a little sledding. 

I personally wanted to just veg out on the couch, and catch up on This Is Us, as well as watch DVD's, but how can I just sit at home, and not enjoy this white fluffy form of wetness that Mother Nature brought that God created. 
The fact that I always mention spending time with my kids because they are indeed growing up too fast made me get up from the couch not only to capture these moments, but to join in on "some of the fun" as well. 

And it was absolute magic! 

While all this was going on Jon was inside preparing us lunch, but managed to come out for about ten minutes to join us. I only captured this photo of him with the kids. 
I am so grateful for these kids, and for the stamina that I have to spend outdoors with them. Time certainly is passing us by, and after reading a quote in a book called Present Over Perfect reminded me of how important "time" is. 


"And I'm finding that my heart loves to play. My heart loves to color and draw, loves to dance in the kitchen, loves to shoot baskets, loves to do cartwheels with my nieces in the front yard." 

I love that quote, and the writer should have added "playing in the snow", but oh how it also made me realize that no matter how old we get, or our kids get that there is always time to find simple ways to have fun, to stop whining because we want the change of season to end, to stop the speed of any day, and experience all the joys of play."
Until next time folks. I hear we have another storm coming next week! 


No comments:

Post a Comment